Monday, July 4, 2011

Useful Expressions at the Free Market

In Beijing agricultural products markets offer a varied assortment, at reasonable and negotiable prices. Mike is going to buy some grapes here.

Nǚ hái: Xiān shēng, nín yào diǎnr shén me?
女孩:先生,您要点儿什么?
Girl:
What can I do for you, sir?
mài kè: Pú táo duō shǎo qián yī jīn?
麦克:葡萄多少钱一斤?
Mike:
What's the price of grapes per jin?
Nǚ hái: Yī kuài bā máo qián yī jīn.
女孩:一块八毛钱一斤。
Girl:
One yuan and eight mao per jin.
mài kè: Tài guì le, pián yi diǎnr xíng ma?
麦克:太贵了,便宜点儿行吗?
Mike: That's too expensive. Can you make it a bit cheaper?
Nǚ hái: Zuì duō yī jīn pián yi wǔ fēn.
女孩:最多一斤便宜五分。
Girl:
The most I could come down is five fen.
mài kè: Yī kuài liù máo qian yī jīn kě yǐ ma?
麦克:一块六毛钱一斤可以吗?
Mike:
How about one yuan and six mao per jin?
Nǚ hái: Duō mǎi kě yǐ.
女孩:多买可以。
Girl:
If you buy a lot, that'll be okay.
mài kè: Nà me wǒ mǎi wǔ jīn ba.
麦克:那么我买五斤吧。
Mike:
Then I'll buy five jin.

1. 自由市场 zì yóu shì chǎng: free market
2.
jīn: jīn (Chinese unit of weight)
3.
guì: expensive
4.
便宜 pián yi: cheap                     
5. zuì: most
6.
duō: a lot
7.
葡萄
pú táo: grape
8.
那么
nà me: then

No comments:

Post a Comment